Deadline: 15 November 2017
Topics addressed in the symposia will be theme specific and at a more comprehensive level with multiple speakers presenting their research. Symposium topics should engage congress delegates in a critical reflection and discussion on key issues in the field of ageing and life course research. This way, delegates will have the opportunity to hear from multiple experts on a key issue, the ability to interact with presenters and the opportunity ask questions relevant to the topic area.
Please note the following symposium criteria
- 60min – 90min duration
- 3 – 5 speakers
- Speakers preferably from different countries
- Abstracts should include research results
- Results must be the work of authors listed
- Q&A follows all presentations
- Categorization of Symposium: choose 1 stream and 1-3
Preparing and formatting an abstract for your symposium
- Abstracts for symposia can only be submitted online using the standard symposium abstract format.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Symposia can include a discussant.
- No references, tables or graphics should be included in the abstract.
- When using abbreviations within the body of the abstract, please spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis.
- It is the responsibility of the author to ensure that the abstract text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors.
- No changes can be made after the abstract deadline has passed.
Symposium abstract format
The maximum length of a symposium abstract is 1200 words (excluding title and name & affiliation of submitting author). The submitting author is the chair of the symposium. The abstract should have a short but informative title (max. 100 characters, incl. spaces), provide a brief introduction to the topic, present the objectives of the symposium, and contain short sections including names and affiliations of the presenters followed by a short structured abstract of the individual presentations (Background-Methods-Results-Conclusions). All financial support from commercial parties must be disclosed in a final statement of the abstract.
Notification of acceptance for symposia: 1 December 2017. The chair and the presenting authors must register as congress delegates and pay the registration fee.