Deadline: 15 November 2017
Topics addressed in the symposia will be theme specific and at a more comprehensive level with multiple speakers presenting their research. Symposium topics should engage congress delegates in a critical reflection and discussion on key issues in the field of ageing and life course research. This way, delegates will have the opportunity to hear from multiple experts on a key issue, the ability to interact with presenters and the opportunity ask questions relevant to the topic area.
Please note the following symposium criteria:
- 60min – 90min duration
- 3 – 5 speakers
- The submitting author is the chair of the symposium
- Speakers preferably from different countries
- Symposia can include a discussant
- Research results must be the work of authors listed
- Q&A follows all presentations
- Categorization of Symposium: choose 1 stream and 1-3 topics
Preparing an abstract for your symposium
- Abstracts for symposia can only be submitted online using the standard symposium abstract format
- The maximum length of the symposium abstract is 1 200 words (see symposium abstract format for more information)
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Abstracts should include research results
- No references, tables or graphics should be included in the abstracts
- When using abbreviations within the body of the abstract, please spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the abstract text does not contain any typos or grammatical errors
- No changes can be made after the abstract deadline has passed
Symposium abstract format
The symposium should have a short but informative title (max. 100 characters). The symposium abstract should provide a brief introduction to the topic, present the objectives of the symposium and the names and affiliations of the presenters, followed by short structured abstracts for each of the 3-5 individual presentations (Background-Methods-Results-Conclusions). The maximum length of the entire symposium abstract is 1200 words (excluding title and name & affiliation of submitting and presenting authors). All financial support from commercial parties must be disclosed in a final statement of the abstract.
Notification of acceptance for symposia: 1 December 2017. The chair and the presenting authors must register as congress delegates and pay the registration fee.